HMD Community Association Practice
HMD's community association practice offers legal representation to condominium associations, homeowner's associations, master associations, cooperatives, subdivisions, mobile home parks and individual property owners in Fort Myers, Sanibel Island, Punta Gorda, and Port Charlotte, Florida and to the greater southwest Florida region. Community Association Law is a dynamic practice which requires a broad level of skill and experience covering the full spectrum of real estate transactional law and litigation. The firm utilizes its extensive multidisciplinary experience to guide it clients through the maze of legal issues that arise within community associations, including:
- Review, Interpretation, Drafting, and Enforcement of Declarations, Restrictive Covenants, Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and Articles of Incorporation;
- General Counsel Regarding Day to Day Operational, Managerial, and Practical Matters;
- Prepare for and Conduct Board Meetings;
- Collection of Delinquent Assessments;
- Insurance Coverage Disputes;
- Construction Defects Litigation;
- Construction Lien Litigation;
- Landlord & Tenant Issues;
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Procedures;
- General Civil Litigation; and
- General Real Estate Transactional Services
Through the course of its representation, the firm provides its community association clients with updates regarding changes in the statutory and regulatory schemes governing community associations, maintains accessibility for practical and cost efficient guidance on day to day issues, and communicates with clients on a timely and consistent basis. The firm strives to provide sound guidance aimed at avoiding unnecessary and costly litigation, but is at all times prepared to aggressively and zealously advocate our clients' position in litigation.
Whether providing day to day guidance, aggressively collecting unpaid assessments, addressing issues related to the governing documents or litigating construction, contractual and other civil claims, the firm is there to lead its clients through the process.
To speak with an HMD attorney regarding Community Association issues, please contact us.